I am pleased that the research project is near to completion. For the past four weeks, my group had to work on the report almost everyday due to the packed schedule given by our module coordinator. Nonetheless, I had a good learning experience doing the project with my group members, Chiew Yen and Wen Jie.
I learnt that, it is important to build good working relation and the key to that is to have effective communication among the members as it would allow the members to have a mutual exchange of ideas and prevent conflicts among them. At the initial stage, probably the group members were rather reserved, hence the first meeting was not a spontaneous one. Fortunately, we managed to communicate better in the subsequent meetings after getting to know each other better through the communication with each other online. For convenience purpose, we often fork out some time to 'meet' online and hold our discussion on msn messenger which i feel is important in following up with the progress of our project report. Besides holding meeting on msn, we also meet up for face-to-face discussion to edit the report and discuss the problems we faced together, which helps in clear communication.
With coorporative and responsible members in my group, it definitely makes the project experience a pleasant one. We always try to assign the work equally and finish up on time. This is crucial so that we are able to meet our deadlines and hand in our work on time. I hope that we can do the same and be well prepared for our upcoming oral presentation.
As a whole, communication among group members is clear and I am glad that we have built up our friendships in this way.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Perhaps you could try some icebreakers during first meetings, that would be fun and make a more spontaneous first meeting. It is glad to know that your group members opened up soon and got to know each other better since interpersonal relationships are the keys to maintaining good communication habits in a meeting.
Hi Sabrina,
I agreed that it was pleased that the research project is near to completion and every group is ready for submission on this coming Tuesday. It was glad to hear that your group members and you managed to communicate better in the subsequent meetings after getting to know each other better through the communication with each other online. It happened to my group too in the first meeting, which I think I was rather reserved and silent but everything get on smoothly after successive meetings.
Pondering, Ms Kim’s idea of splitting us up is a good idea. We get to work and interact with other classmates besides our friends that we usually work with. It was true that team work requires factors such as effective communication, corporative and responsibility among group members, without these factors, conflict would definitely arises and the project would not be able to complete on time.
Cheers
Seow Teng
Hi Sabrina,
In the interconnected world of today, communication can take place in many forms. Being busy undergraduates, we tend to opt for online correspondence over face-to-face meetings.
While convenient and time-efficient, communicating via instant messaging has its shortfalls. Restricted to just words as opposed to expressions, visual and aural cues, we may not understand the intentions of our group mates as well.
Effective communication is key, especially with such time limitations. Having the initiative to speak up would certainly serve to make work more streamlined and thus more efficient.
Cheers!
nic
Hi Sabrina,
Being one of the few who have read through the final draft of your report, I would say that your group has managed to do a great job, in terms of the format as well as the research done.
It seems that instant online messaging has served your group well in that it broke the ice for the three of you. Complementing virtual meetings with face-to-face interaction allows for you to explore the various aspects of communication. Instant messaging restricts communication in that no non-verbal cues are transmitted and received, and as such I am glad to hear that discussion of problems are held over face-to-face meetings as that would reduce the chances of misunderstandings occurring.
Cooperation and responsibility exhibited by your group members have made your experience a pleasant one, as it has done for mine. Let's keep it up for the upcoming presentation!
Cheers,
Xueli
Thanks, Sabrina, for your post. I do know that all of you worked very hard for this project and I really appreciate the effort, time and work put in. I'm glad that your group managed to pull it through despite the tight schedule. Am happy too that you found the "project experience a pleasant one!
Post a Comment